- Connect with me on Facebook
- Connect with me on Twitter
- Connect with me on Google+
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
Fibromyalgia affects people in many different ways.
It is important to differentiate between people who have chronic musculo-skeletal pain and those who have fibromyalgia.
There is a standard diagnostic test used by the American College of Rheumatology that states that a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia is positive if 11 of 18 specific points are tender.
With fibromyalgia there is no single cause or cure for it's wide spread symptoms.
It is a complex syndrome, and seems to require more than one factor in it's causation.
There are many possible factors in it's causation such as:
• Prolonged stress or anxiety
• Endocrine imbalance e.g Thyroid Gland
• Organ dysfunction e.g. Liver
• Musculoskeletal overuse
• Decreased immunity
• Viral or Bacterial infections
• Acquired Toxicity from Foods or Chemicals
• Vitamin deficiencies
Fibromyalgia encompasses many different groups.
Often people have this been given a diagnosis of fibromyalgia in error.
The condition may be due to chronic, widespread, untreated trigger points along with an incorrect diet, stress and depression. The depression being due to the frustration of the condition.
If you are troubled by pain like this, please Contact David with your questions.